Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why I am not a great photographer

I have gained tremendous insight into my abilities as a photographer over the last couple of days.

Today, as I was walking in the park with Dixie, planes were taking off from Langley. The park is right in the flight path so they are still pretty low. Were these normal every day planes? No. They were F-22s (and they are awesome!). Did they take off once and leave? No. Apparently, they were doing touch-and-go landings so they just kept going over. And I, the great photographer, did not have my camera!

Yesterday, as I was walking in the park with Dixie, a bird took flight out of a tree that was about 50 feet away from me. Was that bird a crow? No. Was that bird a starling? No. Was it a robin? A bluejay? A cardinal? No. No. And no. It was a bald eagle!! Did you hear that? A bald eagle, in flight, 50 feet away! And I, the great photographer, did not have my camera!

Are you sensing a pattern here? So I am going to start working on the first (and biggest) milestone in being a good photographer. Take Your Camera!!!

Time for a little celebrating! Weight this morning: 175.8!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

No comments: