Thursday, March 27, 2008

Movie Reviews

I had a lot of work to do today and once I finished, my brain just wasn't up to thinking of something clever to blog about. (Yeah, work is my excuse today but what is my excuse every other day?!) So I thought I would do a couple of movie reviews. But just a little about me before we get started.

I don't go to the movies much - I'm too cheap. Plus I'm just not really a movie person - except for animated movies, I just love those! So don't expect my reviews to contain anything except what a normal, everyday person would think - no views on cinematography (I don't really even know what that is) and symbolism just goes right over my head. So here goes - these are the movies that I have been to see lately.

The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson - In a nutshell: Two guys are dying, one is loaded, they decide to do all these things before they kick the bucket. Opinion: I could've lived another day without seeing it. Not that it was bad - I was just expecting something different. From the ads, I was expecting comedy but it wasn't. The funny parts were in the ads. It was a bit melodramatic. Yeah, watch it but don't pay for it! Wait til it's out on TV.

PS I Love You with Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler - In a nutshell: A guy dies and leaves a bunch of letters to be delivered periodically to his widow to help her deal with his death. Opinion: I am usually not a cry-every-tear-I-have movie lover but this one was pretty good. It had funny parts and sad parts but the story kept you involved. It makes you think that all Irish guys are really sexy! Good enough to rent but be sure to have plenty of tissues on hand!

Horton Hears a Who (or Hort Hearsa WWHHOOOO? as my niece Pita called it) with Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, and Carol Burnett - In a nutshell: An elephant hears a voice from a speck on a flower. That speck is really a tiny world but no one believes him and wants to destroy the speck. Opinion: I really liked this movie. It had enough adult humor to keep the 40-somethings entertained but was still Dr. Suess thus keeping the kiddos entertained. Yeah, go see it. You might even want to buy it for those kiddos in your life!

Plan for tomorrow: Temps in the 60s, sun shining so that means BIKE RIDE! Hopefully, I will weather this one better than the last time!

No comments: