Monday, September 29, 2008

I was one with the pole!

I knew you guys wouldn't let me down. I especially liked Grandma J's thoughts about what I was doing!! Sorry to disappoint but there was no pole dancing involved. One of the guys has a girlfriend that is a stripper. She has offered to give me some lessons. But just the thought of my big, white ass wrapped around a pole is enough to make me shudder!

Anyway, back to this weekend. There was a pole and I was one with it. But there were also fish. And some dead squid.

On Saturday, Vol Fan and I went to Cocoa Beach with what's left of his crew (He did some house cleaning last week!) and went deep sea fishing. The weather was perfect and the seas were calm.
One of the guys caught a turtle but I couldn't get my act together to get a picture. I was able to get it together to video the dolphin that followed us around for a while.



Sadly, we weren't exactly the best fishermen. Between the 5 of us, we caught 2 keepers.
I overcame my squeamishness and baited my own hook. With a whole squid! I caught a sea bass and 3 fish that they told me were only good to use as bait. One of them started making little fish cries but before I could stop the guy, he had lopped the head off and was putting it on my hook!!

Vol Fan won the bet that we had going. He caught a sea bass, 3 of the bait fish, and one fish that they called the 'mother in law fish' - because it always shows up uninvited and has a big mouth. It's real name is the Oyster Toadfish and it was one UGLY fish. But that fish put him ahead of me in the fish count - I won't go into what was on the line either!!

Of course, I acted like an idiot and did the 'Titanic pose'! We passed one of the Disney cruise ships as we were returning to port. It sounded it's horn, which was pretty cool. It's not like a regular honking horn. It does the Wonderful World of Disney theme!
But let me tell you what I decided was the most important thing I discovered this weekend. I love Judy - the lady that cuts my hair. You know you have a great haircut when you can style your hair on Friday, sleep on it, brush it on Saturday morning, spend the day at sea with the wind whipping every direction and a fine coating of salt getting on every last strand and at the end of the day, it can still look fairly decent. Not good but fairly decent! And I especially liked the squid juice covering my t-shirt!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jealous here!! I had a crappy weekend :( Wish I had been fishing with you! It looks BEAUTIFUL down there!

BTW - How freakin' tall is Vol Fan? Or, are you just really short???

I Am Woody said...

Big Hair - Sorry 'bout your crappy weekend!! Yeah, I am really that short but he is really freakin' tall. I'm a hair over 5' if I stand really, really straight and he is 6'2". Makes for awkward dancing!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very cute. Looks like fun.
I swear I heard that dolphin speaking spanish...he must have been up from Miami for the weekend.
I never would have thought that kind of pole...my mind is always in the gutter. :)
jealous of the great haircut.

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

The dolphin video was amazing! And you are awesome for getting over your squeamishness! No way, no how would I do that. And if anyone lopped off a fish head while it was "crying" in front of me, I think I would start to cry.

It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I love all the photos - so beautiful. But my favorite is the one of you doing the Titanic pose, followed by the one of you and Vol Fan. Even with all the squid juice. :)