Monday, September 22, 2008

Speaking of stealing.....

I have a purely hypothetical question for you.

Would it be so bad to steal someone's ashes?

What if the husband of the deceased was a real son of a bitch? Like to the extent that his wife laid dead in her bed for HOURS without him so much as wondering why she had not come down for breakfast. Like to the extent that he didn't make arrangements for his wife's body to be picked up from the morgue. Like to the extent that he refused to pay for any arrangements that were made on his deceased wife's behalf.

What if the daughter of the deceased was approached by the deceased's best friend and told that the only reason the SOB wanted the ashes was to keep anyone else from having them? And that she felt that once everyone was gone, he would probably toss them in the trash.

Purely hypothetically speaking, would it then be so bad to put a bunch of dust and gravel in a ziploc, then act like you are really upset and need to 'commune' with the deceased, then take the ashes outside (walking and talking to them) to a hidden spot on the property, then trade the ashes for the dust and gravel, and then return the 'ashes' to the SOB?

I mean really, would that be so bad? This is all hypothetical because I really would have no knowledge of anything like this. No knowledge at all.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow. I don't know if there are any legal ramifications but if it's for the sake of the daughter then....ummm. I can only imagine the frustration. Let's just say, I hope the walk around the block resolves some grieving issues.. :))

Big Hair Envy said...

Do it.

Hypothetically, of course.

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Hypothetically speaking, I say the daughter should go for it. I looked it up and I don't think there is an actual law against it. Here's an interesting blog post about it: Dorf On Law.
Besides, I don't think the SOB would even notice. But, I think that the daughter should, hypothetically, be careful.

I Am Woody said...

Hypothetically speaking - if such a situation were to occur, I am confident that the deceased ashes have hypothetically been scattered to blow with the wind on the prairie. Ah, freedom - at last!

Anonymous said...

Strictly hypothetically (of course) go for it.
That hypothetical man is a real hypothetical SOB!

First time, here, Woody and I love your blog. I'm gonna add it to my blogroll unless you visit my blog and tell me not to.

Anonymous said...

OMG! TPB AND
VV in one night! You are the BOMB girlfriend!!!

Let that stuff BLOW in the wind....

Keeper Of All Things said...

You lie I'll swear to it!!!

Ed & Jeanne said...

Hypothetically you could accidentally bump the guy into the cremotorium's fire...