Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wise Words

Have I mentioned how much I love my niece, Pita? I think I might have mentioned her a time or two.

She brings such joy to my life. And she is so wise.

Take Sunday for example.

After church, Prima Ballerina went to Wendy's to grab some lunch and then bring the girls to my house for a visit. Between Wendy's and my house (a trip of maybe 4-5 miles) the following happened.

1. AB spilled an entire bag of Goldfish crackers in the floorboard. To which Prima Ballerina responded - "GAH!! Be more careful, AB!!"

2. Pita dropped her cup and as it hit the floorboard, the lid popped off - spilling everything. To which Prima Ballerina responded - "GAH!! BE MORE CAREFUL, PITA!!"

3. As they pulled into my driveway, Prima Ballerina's cup tipped over. The lid popped off and all the Coke spilled into the floorboard. To which Prima Ballerina responded, "GAH!! @$%#&#*@$!!!"

And then Pita, in all her wisdom, responded - "It's OK, Mommy! Everybody makes mistakes."

8 comments:

Lori said...

Awe! That is so very sweet! :) Thanks for the morning smile! XX

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I think I love that kid almost as much as you do!
<><

T said...

Awwww...out of the mouths of babes!

Busy Bee Suz said...

those girls are very special..and funny!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how cute, Woody... That gals are quite special, aren't they???? AND--they've acquired all of their wisdom from Aunt Woody and Uncle VolFan... Right????

Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Betsy

Caution/Lisa said...

I think if I could remember her wisdom in 2010, it would be a much better year.

Desert Survivor said...

It's wonderful you get to spend so much time with them. They sound just terrific!

Ed & Jeanne said...

She'd probably add "some more than others" to me...