Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Living On The Edge

On our way to Woody the other day, we did a little side exploration.  I knew that this site existed.  I had seen pictures.  But I wasn't sure exactly where, other than near Gorman, California.  Thankfully, Gorman isn't very big so after a little hunting, we found it.

See the line where the gray rock meets the red rock.  That is a very important line.  It is the San Andreas fault line.  Yes, the tectonic boundary between the Pacific Plate and the North American Plate.
We were both very glad the earth didn't decide to shift while we were standing there:)

6 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

Actually, I never realized that you could see it. I guess I always just thought it could only be seen by geological maps or something. Very interesting!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh. You could not have paid me to stop there. NOSIREE.

Lori said...

You two love to live on the edge don't you? LOL at BB Suz's comment...have you left California? XX

Tammy said...

That is super cool! You are a brave soul.

laurenne said...

Cooooooool! That's awesome. And Woody is beautiful.
I'm a little disappointed you didn't invite me since I'm technically you're Valentine. Sigh.

Caution/Lisa said...

I'm with Snooty. I thought it was something way underground. I might still tell myself it is.