Monday, September 26, 2011

Memphis Zoo

My sister, Bubbles, sent this photograph to me last week.  During my childhood, a visit to the zoo was a regular thing we did with my cousins.  Those on the front row in the picture are Bubbles, Aunt Watsy, Tormentor #1,  Tormentor #2.  And on the second row:  Aunt Cece, Aunt Mechee, Mom holding me.
This photograph raises several questions for me:
  1. What is everyone looking at?!?  Definitely not the camera for most:)
  2. I always remember those trips to the zoo so fondly.  So why am I (and Tormentor #2) looking so miserable?!?
  3. And why, why, why is my Mom looking so happy?  She has been lugging a 1 year old around the zoo all day!!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I think this is the sweetest....you don't look miserable, you look CUTE. ANd that is why your Mom is smiling. :)
xo

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I'm back after a few weeks off from blogging. Hope you are doing okay. I have missed all of my blogging friends --but needed that break!

What an awesome picture.. You are adorable!!!!! And yes---I do wonder what they are all looking at!!!! Cute!

Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

You raised some interesting questions about this picture, but I think the picture is neat. Thanks for sharing this gem with us.