Friday, January 27, 2012

You Should Have Seen It In Color

So I might have mentioned the slide project I have been working on....For weeks, I have been working on scanning my Dad's slides from the 1950s into digital format.

All the photographs that I have seen from the early days of my Mom and Dad's relationship and marriage are in black and white.  And while I dearly love black and white photographs, seeing things in color is powerful. 

I have cried so much over the last few weeks while working on this project.  But they are not tears of sadness.  They are tears of joy at seeing my Mom and Dad so young and vibrant and full of life.

I know you won't want to watch the full 25 minutes of photos of strangers.  But the most powerful part takes place in the first minute:)  And be sure to have your volume on!

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Can't get the video to work... Darn it.. I've got to go to bed. Will try again tomorrow...

I know your family will love it...
Hugs,
Betsy

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I wish I could watch videos! We have a satellite connection through wifi card, and it's just not fast enough to do any streaming media :-( But I love the idea of your project - it sounds so wonderful!

George said...

Your video is amazing and very well done. You did a great job -- perhaps I should get you to work on my old slides.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Excellent job, Lori... LOVED it ---and I watched all of it... Was that YOU dressed up for Halloween?????? Loved trying to pick out your pictures...

What a great family---and so loving.. That slideshow will be something the family will enjoy FOREVER... Loved it..

Love that song, "You Should Have Seen It in Color".... AND --you did great showing the B&W's first and then the color in the perfect spot... AWESOME...

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy