Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Plea

For my friend Kelly, the month of June ended just like any other.  She was embracing life.  Her oldest daughter had recently given birth to her first grandchild.  Her second daughter was enrolled in nursing school.  Her twin sons were preparing for their first semester at college in the fall.

On July 1, she received a call.  A call that is the worst nightmare for any parent.  However, this call took that worst nightmare to depths of Hell.

A motorist had noticed what he thought was a grass fire.  Since our area has been extremely dry of late, he turned around to investigate and to contact authorities if need be.  What he discovered was something that should only be in the movies or episodes of CSI.

He discovered a body.  And that body was on fire.

The body was that of a young woman.  Her name was Erika Megan Sharpton.  She was the second daughter of my friend, Kelly.

Unfortunately, the nightmare was only beginning.  The state medical examiner determined that Megan had been killed by blunt force trauma.  The fire was apparently set in an effort to get rid of the body.  Hours later, Megan's car was found abandoned in a neighboring town.  To date, no arrests have been made.  This is the latest article concerning the case.

In an effort to solve this crime, friends and family of Megan have set up a reward fund.  If you are so moved, please donate.  [Hopefully the link is fixed now!]  Megan's family needs answers.  And Megan deserves to have her killer brought to justice.

But mainly, I ask that you remember Kelly and her family.  No one should have to go through this.

8 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Heartbreaking. I have no words.
The payment link is not working...please let me know how I can help.
Prayers for the Kelly and her family.

Mental P Mama said...

Oh, God. I am covered in chills. Sending prayers.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That is AWFUL. What a horrific thing to happen. I really feel for her family :-(

Lisa said...

Made me sick when I heard about it. So many questions unanswered. I pray they figure out the monsters who did this to her.

George said...

This is a tragedy. We will keep Kelly and her family in our prayers.

Alli_Roo said...

So sad... praying for her family.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a sad story... Makes me cry.. Don't know what I would do if something like that happened to me.. I will keep that family in my prayers. Hope they get justice.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. Praying for your friend right now. Praying and praying. I am so sorry.