Friday, August 24, 2012

*snicker*

Funniest paragraph I read while waiting for my wash to complete at the laundromat yesterday:

I've seen a grizzly sow and two cubs from 30 yards away in Glacier National
Park.  That got my heart pumping, to be sure.  I once encountered a mountain
lion on a Northern California trail, and I still shudder to think of what it could have
done with those huge claws had it been hungry.  But neither experience
prepared me for the terror of waking up in the middle of the night
with a skunk's butt in my face.
-Dennis Lewon, Backpacker, January 2012

Now THAT'S scary.

5 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Okay, if that made you laugh, you HAVE to find a copy of Gary Paulsen's book Winterdance. Hilarious. And fascinating. And, I suspect, right up your alley!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Bwaaaaa! I think I would faint!
<><

Busy Bee Suz said...

LOLOLOLOLO! That is some funny sh*t right there!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yipes.... I would hate any of those... I do know since we have them here that skunks can really STINK....

Hugs,
Betsy

Snooty Primadona said...

I got skunked once & it wasn't at all funny... No one wanted to be around me!