Thursday, September 20, 2012

Directions

Today I played Mommy all afternoon, carting the girls here and there.  As I dropped Pita off at school for some extra work with her music teacher, I asked where I was supposed to come get her.  It went like this....

Me:  Where is the music room?

The girls:  Right across from the art room.

Me:  OK but where is the art room?

The girls:  You don't know where the art room is?!?  Didn't you have art when you went to this school?!?

Me:  Yes, I had art but I don't think they use the same room anymore.

......chaos ensues as we discuss old rooms, new rooms, remodeling, etc.....

This is where Pita gives up and says to just go in and ask somebody and jumps out of the car.  On the way to gymnastics, AB continues to try to explain where the music room is.

AB:  So do you know where the gym is?

Me:  Yes.  So it is close to the gym?

AB:  No.  It is close to the art room.

Me:  And the art room is close to the gym?

AB:  No.  Do you know where the kindergarten room is?

Me (trying a different tack):  Is the music room on the right or left side on the hallway?

AB:  Yes.  It is on the right side or the left side of the hallway.

Me:  Which one?

AB:  The right side or the left side.  Across from the art room.

We go through this same conversation about 6 times.  At which point, AB strides into gymnastics, confident in the knowledge that she has given me perfect directions to the music room.

I'm just very thankful it is a small school.

5 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

LOL! Kids...you gotta love them!
<><

Busy Bee Suz said...

I can't believe you don't know where the music room is. Duhhhhh.
:)

Desert Survivor said...

Ha, ha! Brought a smile to my face!

Mental P Mama said...

LOL...

George said...

Thanks for the smiles. I've had similar conversations a time or two.