Last year, I wrote about my New Year's Resolutions and as I looked at the list this January, I realized I had accomplished all on my list except one thing. It was a good feeling. So here is my 2013 list.
Resolutions for 2013
- Try Thai food - This is the one that was leftover from 2012. Surely to goodness, I can do it this year!
- Ride a horse - I confess. I have never ridden a horse by myself. I rode once with my aunt when I was about 5 or 6. But I have never been alone on a horse. In fact, I'm kinda scared of them. I'm going to face that fear and ride one.
- Visit a new state - I want to color in another state on my map :)
- Reach my savings goal for a camper - I have wanted a camper forever. This year I decided that it was time for it to become a reality. Vol Fan and I aren't ones to borrow money for things we might want. So save, save, save is the plan.
- Help Vol Fan reach his savings goal - Vol Fan has a goal of where he would like to see our savings account by year end. So I guess I better get on board and help. Time to tighten up the belt buckle!
- Embrace our location - I'm usually pretty good about doing this but last year, I soured on the job location almost before we ever arrived. And it didn't improve as the summer progressed. So this year, I plan to keep my explorer's attitude.
- Lose weight - This is on my list every year. Last year I lost about 40 pounds. And I plan to stay on that weight loss bandwagon. I'm aiming to lose 25 pounds this year.
- Heal my stupid ankle - Stupid stupid ankle.
- Take photos of Vol Fan and myself, in the same frame
- Make this the year of MORE - More camping. More going. More doing. More pictures. More time spent with friends. More time spent with family. More love. More gratitude. More focus. More laughter. More silliness. More everything.
- This is also the Year of Wise Choices - At least that is what I keep telling Dopey, Russell's nephew. But I think it can apply to everyone.