Thursday, September 24, 2020

Time

 1440 minutes in a day.  Each one can seem to last forever...or they can pass in the blink of an eye.  Time marches on.  No matter how badly I wish it would stop...if only for a little while.  

I've experienced so many beautiful minutes in my life.  But today, those minutes feel far away.  Maybe it's the rain.  Maybe I'm tired.

More likely, it's just another stage in the process of grieving.  We lost my brother, The Boss Man, in April.   Today the grief feels fresh rather than months old.  It is raw.  

As I'm watching the rain, I remember a time when The Boss Man and I were kids.  It had been raining and the ditch in the front yard was filled to overflowing.  We splashed and played until we were soaking wet and freezing.  It makes me smile to think about The Boss Man's infectious smile.

Damn, I miss him.



2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

My heart hurts for you and your loss. Losing a sibling is losing a piece of yourself, your history, your heart. I can't believe you lost your brother so suddenly; what a complete shock and huge loss for your family.
Big hugs my friend.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I hadn't heard about your brother's death. So very sorry.... I think (at least, I can talk about me--and our lives now) that so many of us are grieving about so many things these days... That makes 'real' grief --like the death of a loved one--- even harder....

My love and prayers are with you and the family...

Hugs,
Betsy