Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lowering my carbon footprint

Getting in tune with Earth Day (yeah, yeah, I know - I'm a day late - That's the story of my life!), I rode my bicycle to do my errands today. My motives weren't as high-falutin' as they sound - I took my car in to get detailed. Boy, do I ever hate cleaning a car! And the guy just charged $40 so...Anyway, I was sans car today and I had quite a few errands to run. I went to:

  1. The post office - to mail several packages
  2. Walgreens - to drop off my prescription for pain meds for the surgery next week
  3. Regions Bank - to make my deposit
  4. The Bank of Tullahoma - to make my deposit
  5. Pizza Hut - to have lunch with my friend Pam
  6. Walgreens - to pick up above prescription (yes, I did look pretty funny going through the drive-thru)
  7. Citizens Bank - to drop some papers in the safe deposit box
  8. Eason's Auto Detail -to pick up the car

All in all, I saved about 7 miles of driving and 1/5 gallon of gas. Just thought you might like to know that I am doing my part to save the world from greenhouse gases.

No comments: