Friday, May 30, 2008

Another Sundown...

Well, I should have posted this yesterday but I was really just too tired when I got home last night. Anyway....

Last night was Sundown in the City (which is a free concert series in Knoxville). I was thinking that the music was to start at 7:00 so I left the house a little after 6:00. By the time I got there and parked, it was around 6:30. So I'm walking toward Market Square, thinking I have all the time in the world when I hear music. Nah, I couldn't have been wrong about the time. That has to be some recorded stuff that they are playing. Well, I was wrong about the time. The first act was just finishing as I arrived. I'm sure I would've enjoyed it but I can't even tell you his name because I totally missed it.

The second act was The Dirty Guv'nahs. I was thinking that these guys were going to be fun just because I liked their name. Well, I wasn't wrong - they were really good. I had heard them described as southern rock. They weren't like any southern rock that I've ever heard. More Rolling Stones than Lynyrd Skynyrd. They put on a great show - full of energy (especially the lead singer - man did he get a dance workout!!). The guys on guitar had great balance - playing off of each other. But that guy on the keyboard (if this is my jealous husband reading, STOP NOW. Skip forward to the next paragraph), let me just tell you. If I were unmarried and some 20+ years younger, well let's just say that I would have been trying to gain his attention!

Next was the featured act - Robert Earl Keen. Probably best known for this song but my favorite is The Party Never Ends. They put on a fantastic show. The crowd was on their feet the entire time. Yes I was dancing too. Vol Fan and I were watching a movie the other day and one of the guys really could NOT dance. His friends said that the music moved him - it just moved him ugly. That's what it does to me!! But I decided that if someone didn't like the way the music was moving me, they shouldn't be standing behind me!! It wasn't as if I was doing the "my hair is fire and I can't put it out" hippy dance!

All in all, a great night.

No comments: