Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Confession Time

I am not one to watch reality shows. I don't watch American Idol or Survivor or The Bachelor or whatever else is out there. But I do have a confession to make. It is my dirty little secret. I watch Gene Simmons' Family Jewels. Now I don't carve out time in my schedule for it or anything like that. But if I am channel surfing and stumble upon it, I watch it.

Why? I don't know. I think it is because they are oddly normal. Yes, he is an outrageous get-up wearing member of KISS and she was a Playboy model. But their family life is as close to normal as you can get with that. They actually seem to like each other and like spending time together as a family. But anyway.....

Last night, I stumbled across the show and as I watched, I figured out why I really like them. Shannon (the un-wife) and her sister were at a salon having their nails done. They were chatting as the salon workers were performing their magic so they weren't really paying close attention to the position of their hands or feet - just like everyone else does when they are at the salon with a friend.

The girl doing Shannon's nails was really snippy, telling her that she couldn't do her job if Shannon didn't hold her fingers correctly. She was snippy enough that I was thinking - 'Man, I think I would have to say something'. About that time, her sister lets out a yelp of pain and jumps up from her pedicure. The girl had twisted her toe, putting it in the 'correct' position. They had finally had enough and proceeded to leave without either of them completing their nails. The girl at the desk was snippy to them as well about the bill. So Shannon throws a wad of cash at her, saying 'That should cover it".

The next segment shows the girls arriving at home. Apparently, the salon worker had twisted Shannon's sister's toe so hard that she had broken it. Can you imagine? Anyway, Shannon proceeds to tell Gene that she wants to open a nail salon. They think they can do a much better job and one of her children has recently left for college so she wants something to occupy her time.

Anyway, that was all just background for why I like the show. The next segment, Gene tells Shannon and her sister to come with him, that he has something to show them. He takes them to the nail salon and has to force them to go in with him. He walks in and calls everyone's attention to him. Then he proceeds to introduce all the workers to their new bosses! Then he says, "I mean this in the nicest way possible. You are all FIRED!" I loved it!!!

Haven't you wanted to be rich enough to do something like that when you were mistreated in a store or something? I have often told Vol Fan that I would make a very bad rich person. Because I would be very vindictive like that. There would (or should) be a lot of people that would (or should) be very afraid!

So which was the confession? That I watch Family Jewels or that I am vindictive?

1 comment:

JD at I Do Things said...

Oh, pleeeeeze don't get me sucked into Family Jewels! I watch enough embarrassing reality TV as it is.

Seriously, tho, that sounds like a great episode. And how awesome that Gene Simmons was able to march in there and fire everyone, so to speak?

You'd think the salon workers would have been a little more careful, with TV cameras watching their every move.