Thursday, June 5, 2008

Some things are just funny...

After reading ManagerMom's post yesterday about Kum & Go, the convenience store chain. I was reminded of something that happened in high school.

Back in the day, I was a cheerleader. Although I was not your typical goodie-goodie cheerleader, I was a little too fun-loving to be too good. Anyway, back to the story.... Our group of cheerleaders went to cheer camp in Knoxville at the University of Tennessee campus. On one day, we had to perform a cheer in Neyland Stadium in front of all the camp attendees.

So we were in the stands watching all the other groups perform when it was time for the group from Karnes (which is a little place just outside Knoxville). So the girls get out on the field and get everyone lined up. And then they start their cheer...

"We're the Beavers
And we're on top.."

And that,my friend, is all that I heard. I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard!! I also endured a great many stares from all the other goodie-goodies! But, seriously, how could they not think it was funny?!?

It also reminds me of movie producer Peter Guber. I get tickled every time I hear his name. What were his parents thinking? There are names that people with last names like Guber or Nutt (which was my maiden name!!) should not name their children. Like Peter or Dick or Woody or Willie........

I can't help it - some things are just funny!

No comments: