Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Am Stupid Moment #246

But first, today is Pita's 4th birthday. She has been making birthday present requests for about a month now!
Yesterday afternoon, we took a bicycle ride. She had just completed a burst of speed and stopped to rest. I circled around her - I was pulling AB in the trailer and if I stopped, she started screaming.

As Pita rested, a couple walking past with their dogs laughed and asked if she had wimped out on me. Of course, Pita burst into tears. It is really hard to explain to a 4 year old that people are just assholes. All I could do was hold her tight and give a really dirty look to the dog walkers.

********************
Yesterday morning between 10:07am and 10:16am, I received 4 phone calls. You might think 'Hey, that is great that you have so many friends calling to see how your weekend was' or 'In this economy, be glad that you have a job that keeps you busy'.

Reality: Our phone almost never rings. And even if it does ring, we rarely answer it. I really don't even know why we have the home phone.

So, the 4 phone calls? They were from 4 politicians wanting my vote - trying to explain how great they were. Yadda, yadda, blah, blah......

Thing was - I really was working and every time that damn phone rang, I would lose my place in what I was doing and have to start over.

So at 10:19am when the phone rings for the fifth time, I answer with a screamed WHAT!!!!!

Uh, it wasn't a politician.

It was the nice lady at the dentist office calling to remind me of my appointment.

Not exactly my best moment!!
*******************

Apparently, the University of Tennessee is stupid, too. They fired Phil Fulmer - a move that will cost them at least $6,000,000 to buy his contract out. The stupid part - they just renewed his contract this past summer. With a raise and a $1,000,000 bonus for agreeing to stay on. Brilliant!

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

How adorable is Pita?!?!
Happy bday little one.
the phone ringing is funny...sorry. Very annoying.
Our phone has been broke. I can only make outgoing calls. This works for me. ;)

Keeper Of All Things said...

Sweet...I'm not the only one with crappy phone manners!!

Anonymous said...

Whoops!!

Happy Birthday Pita!! Do you see my face turning green? It's because of your AWESOME hair:)

I thought about you and Vol Fan when I heard the news about the Tennessee coach. Sorry Chica! I guess your next phone call will be the Alumi Association asking for more donations.

Ed & Jeanne said...

ha ha. That's all I get on our home phone too. Nobody calls it but people selling things. All the people I know call our cell phones. I still have it for the kids...just in case.