Friday, November 14, 2008

Sexy

After Big Hair Envy's post about firemen, sex has been on my mind. Why that picture should evoke such thoughts, I really wouldn't know! But it has.

I have been thinking about what makes something or someone sexy. Personally, I think I am the least sexy person alive. Mostly I'm just a big goofball. But some people are just innately sexy.

Like Angelina Jolie. I won't go into the whole Brad-Pitt-cheating-on-his-wife thing but Angelina Jolie is sexy.

But what makes her sexy?

I think it's more about the way someone carries themselves rather than their looks. I think Trace Adkins, the country singer, is sexy. But he is NOT good looking by any stretch of the imagination.

So what is sexy?

To me, sexy is:


  • Confidence.
  • Grace under pressure.
  • A man's work-weathered hands gently holding a baby.
  • A slightly tight t-shirt across a muscled back.
  • Motorcycles.
  • A tailored suit and the ability to not look uncomfortable in it.
  • Being able to laugh at yourself.
  • Vol Fan. (Especially if he's wearing that black shirt he took to convention last winter. You know you are looking fine when you are approached by another man who "simply could not let you leave without telling you how good you look"!!)
  • Being comfortable in your own skin.
  • And probably a whole bunch of other stuff that I can't think of right now....

What do you think is sexy??

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I like all your ideas, especially Confidence. A great personality, not too into yourself or your looks. A man that can bond and hang out with kids then pour me a glass of wine and have a conversation with me can do it for me too.
You are not giving yourself enough credit. I am a huge goofball too, I laugh at myself and make others laugh all the time, but I still have some sex appeal. At least ONE person thinks so. :)
Oh, and Anjelina Jolie. She is not of this planet. really, she can't be. She makes all women look like Bill Gates. ;)

thatcoolbroad said...

You hit the nail on the head with the ability to laugh at yourself. I want to spend the rest of my life laughing...and preferably at my partner:)

robkroese said...

Have you seen my latest caption contest pic? MeeOW.

Desert Survivor said...

I've been thinking what to add to your list for the past two days, but I can't come up with anything! I think confidence and good self-respect are huge in making a person sexy.

Lori said...

Now those guys are hot! But, the honest to God truth, I think my husband is way hotter. No, he may not have the hard body that these "hot" guys have but he has something way hotter. His sexiness or hotness comes from being authentically him. He's a goofball at times...he makes me smile and laugh...he adores me...he does these sexy things like the dishes, vacummns, plays with the little people, makes the bed, makes me hot wings and bloody mary's and watches football with me and he has this way of looking at me with such adoration that makes me weak in the knee's.
Yes Angelina Jolie is damn sexy...if I were a guy or a lesbian I would be all over that but since I'm not, I do admire her and she is one of my favorite actresses. I think she has a beautiful heart so maybe that's why I like her so much.
So yeah maybe those firemen are pretty sexy and hot but what I have right in front of me is so much more that! I am willing to bet your wife thinks your pretty hot.
As time allows I will have to go back and read your blog some more and will also check out your wifes blog, other than those hot fireman she posted...lol. I am thinking you have a new reader here.