Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More Strange Dreams

Last night I dreamed. And I actually remember those dreams, instead of the fuzzy images that I usually have.

Dream #1:

I ran a breakfast buffet. And that buffet would serve 308 people. The end.

Why this is so totally wrong:
  1. I don't cook breakfast. Ever! Poor Vol Fan. If he wants breakfast, he either cooks it himself (he can make some mean gravy!) or warms up leftovers. He usually opts for leftovers.
  2. Even if I did cook breakfast, it wouldn't be early. I don't do mornings (except for this morning - woke up at 5am!!). So the breakfast buffet would probably be around 1pm by the time I got up, got dressed, and then got everything prepared.
  3. 308 people! Are you kidding me? I couldn't prepare that much food if I had to.

Dream #2:

Vol Fan and I were driving home. We came to the red light about a mile from our house where the police stopped us. They told us that there was a crazed murdered on the loose. They forced us to pull over, park our car, and walk home. They were convinced that we would be safer that way.

Why this is totally wrong:

  1. Not many crazed murders running around Tullahoma. Could happen but not likely.
  2. Walk! When there is a crazed murderer running around?!? Are you kidding me?
  3. Yeah, I'll walk when I happen to have my gun with me. And then, you better watch out, Mr. Crazed Murderer! I'll shoot!

Disclaimer: The Incredible Woody would ask questions first then shoot. Believe it! I really would.

15 comments:

Lori said...

Oh the fun of strange dreams. Sometimes when I have dreams like that I over think it and try to figure out what they mean...usually never figure it out.

Unknown said...

I try to rationlize my dreams...sometimes...although,I never come up with a good reasoning.
While I WILL cook breakfast...I too am NEVER ready till 1 pm...at least on weekends and it's getting worse through the week!

mom x 2 said...

I love breakfast, but I don't cook it either.... I'd much rather go out ;) and I wish I could remember more about my dreams other than "hmmm, that was weird"

Oh, and I'm working on getting us scheduled on the first flight to that beach you requested.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Ha! Some mornings I wake up and go through my dreams wondering WHAT THE F was THAT about? I try and analyze them but usually they just tell me that I need more sleep ... and more lemon drops ... and maybe a day off from work and a new purse. (It's all in the interpretation.)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Yeah dreams are strange and I have had my share of them. Check out this site~


http://www.dreammoods.com/

Then go to IHOP or Waffle House!

Unknown said...

How come dreams make perfect sense until we wake up?

I think there's a reason why I don't remember too many dreams..
Some of my dreams scare the living daylights out of me.

Anonymous said...

I haven't cooked breakfast in years. Not since, TPSKipper and TPMidge left home. THAT'S what Aunt Jemima frozen biscuits are for.

Good thinking on the gun! I keep one close to my bed at nite. I just hope that I never dream that I have to use it and shoot up the bedroom or sumptin'.

Busy Bee Suz said...

So funny. You should start writing them down in a journal too..I am sure you have more than you share here. I did that for a while and I go back and re read them...wow.
last night I was on the moon and I found a cave with prisoners locked away...for life. I think I may have let them escape though....crazy.

Snooty Primadona said...

Wow! You have like... normal dreams. Mine are always so bizarre & usually involve me being chased by one crazy person or another. And, I can only remember the craziest segments of the dreams. The ones I like best are the flying dreams. Yes, I can fly. In my dreams.

Anonymous said...

You sure you arent on the Chantix?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Unbelievable, Woody... I dream weird stuff also---but unless I talk about it immediately, I can't keep it in my brain!!!! The experts say that there IS something about our dreams that means something. Yipes---I hope not!!!!

I wouldn't want to cook for 10 muchless over 300.. Yipes!!! My idea of a breakfast buffet is Ryan's or Shoney's... ha ha

AND--walking home when there's a murderer around???? DUH!!! Maybe that's supposed to tell you how stupid the police are!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Clippy Mat said...

never mind breakfast, what on earth did you eat before you went to bed?
;-))

Unknown said...

Dreams are a really funny thing...some I wish I never had and some I wish I would never wake up from!!!

Unknown said...

You are so funny. I think you should keep a journal by your bed and write them down in the morning when you wake up : ). Your nieces would love a book of your whacky dreams someday when they are at college : ).

I have a Cannon Rebel. I love it. I have had it for about 5 years. The only annoying part of it is that it is big and cumbersome so sometimes I don't take it places. Also, since it cost so much money, ($900 at the time) I worry about it getting damaged a little too much. I can't really be as carefree and take as many pictures as I want because I am always thinking, 'If this gets ruined, I'm screwed!'
Are you getting a new camera?

Predo said...

No worries! The crazed murderer probably wanted breakfast! Your safe!!!!

I love dreams, really love them, but I hate when people write books about how to decipher them. Like how do they know?

If you dream about me, just make sure the word "sultry" would be a good description!