Monday, February 16, 2009

As a Matter of Fact, We Did Survive!

Yes, The Boss Man and Prima Ballerina made it back from their ski trip to Breckenridge, Colorado late Saturday night. No broken bones and only a few minor aches and pains.

Yes, we (meaning me, The Manager, Pita, and AB) survived as well. What a fun (and tiring) week it has been.

The Manager and I decided that there really is a reason that only younger women (or extremely wealthy woman) have children. That reason?? Energy! Or the ability to afford nannies and maids.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Pita and AB but we have also developed a new-found respect for ALL parents!!

We had some fun times! We looked into fun mirrors. I will be replacing every mirror I own with the skinny mirror!

We were magnified!!

We listened to the ocean!
We went on a mission to Mars! And discovered killer whales and foosball there!!
We said. "Why, yes - I will have another!"
Of course, we had rides in Poppy's wheelbarrow. That is always a big hit! Funny - he never put a cushion in for me when I was a kid!

But best of all, a couple of aunts got to have a LOT of quality time with their nieces and quality time with each other. It was a good week. Now, I think I need a nap.....

14 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like fun was had by all involved!!! I am so glad you had a great time.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! Kids are the best!

Lori said...

I have said pretty much the same thing about the reason why younger women are the ones meant to have babies and not people like me in mid-life...lol...but here I am a woman in the middle of menopause matched up with a 2 & 3 year olds...yep I am a passanger of the crazy train.
Glad you had a good week with your sister and neices! Glad you survived too...and now that you have survived basic training you can come to my house...lol!

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a fun time for you all. The girls will remember these fun times you have spent with them!!!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Being an aunt is so much fun! I had a similar week, that's so funny! Luckily my niece and nephew are little enough to where my sister can still corral them into nap time. And trust SSG when she says she took advantage of daily naps too : ) I don't know how parents do it!

Anonymous said...

Do they offer a volume discount on those skinny mirrors? I'll take two, please.

LOVE the photos from your busy week!

Snooty Primadona said...

I want one of those skinny mirrors too! When you look at yourself in them, you feel so fabulous that it doesn't matter what you really look like because you THINK you look spectacular!

Great, fun pictures! It looks like you all survived quite nicely!

Unknown said...

You have to be the best aunt ever! Those girls are precious and the memories you created with them will live forever! Love it!!

Desert Survivor said...

Oh, how fun! Enjoy your nap now--you sure deeserve it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a ton of fun was had by all! Maybe if I had a skinny mirror I'd actually look at it!

mom x 2 said...

Sounds like you had a fun, even if tiring, week! Loved all the pictures :)

Unknown said...

Looks like all had a wonderful fun time! I know it is different watching them for a day compared to a whole weekend! I'm certain they will hold this in their hearts as a very special weekend!

Anonymous said...

some of my best childhood memories are of going to a museum place like that!

And they'll remember their visit with you forever! I can still remember overnight visits with my aunts and uncles from when I was about that age.

Anonymous said...

Great fun was had by all, by the look of things! I love the comment about Poppy not putting a cushion in the wheelbarrow for you! LOL!

I bet that's because he didn't even think about aches and pains when you were small, but now he is in a position to know all about them. ;)