Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Am Pissy

Vol Fan left yesterday for Greensboro, North Carolina. I am scheduled to keep the girls next week so I won't be going until the following week. So that means two weeks of not seeing my Vol Fan.

When we are separated, something funny happens to me. I should be all lovey, dovey when I talk to him. You know the drill...

"I love you more." "No, I love you more."...

Or

"You hang up first." "No, you hang up first."...

But instead, I get pissy. Why? Who knows but it happens. I pick fights. I nag. I whine. It's not pretty!

For example:

On trips, Vol Fan is not the navigator. I am the navigator. So before Vol Fan left, I googled a map for him and printed it out. Marking the apartments and the new job site, etc and thinking that I had done a really great thing for him.

After 8+ hours of driving in the rain, sleet, and snow, Vol Fan called to say that they had arrived and oh, btw my map sucked. It wasn't zoomed in enough for all the street names to be labeled so he was having a hard time finding the apartments.

Did I offer to get on the computer and guide him to the apartments? No, I got pissy.

This morning when he was on his way to the job site and was having the same problem, did I offer to help? No, I was a smart ass.

Am I still pissy, hours later - thinking that there is NO WAY his problems could have been the result of my map? Of course, I am!!

PS - And it looks like the house is a no go - damn! We have told them our top dollar which is $4,900 less than their asking price and they are only willing to concede $2,000. So I guess they'll have to find some other sucker.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe they would not let a house go for only 2,000 less than what they want. WHAT THE HECK is wrong with them. Don't they know about this terrible economy?

I get mean when Gary isn't home too. Like last night he stayed in the city because he is afraid of driving in the snow. I was (and still am) extremely annoyed about it!

Lori said...

I get pissy sometimes too over stuff that is simular...don't really know why. Sorry about the house...I think that is crazy that they didn't accept your offer with the economy the way it is. If this wasn't meant to be, maybe, there is something even better out there, for the two of you?

Hope you have a better day today!

Busy Bee Suz said...

oh pooh, such bad news on the house. You would think they would love to be done with it.
Not sure why you get pissy....maybe you are pissed he left you. ;)
He will be back though..that is when I get pissy..when they come back. ;)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Good Morning Pissy--oh I mean Woody, It's 12 degrees here and snowing this morning. Don't know when we'll get to the grocery store today!!!!! I'm gonna get pissy too--if I run out of food!!!! ha ha

I'm sorry you and VolFan are separated. I remember one time when George had to go to Ireland (with his job) and I was alone for about a week. I was miserable and pissy ALL week. Maybe getting pissy is a 'girl thing'!

My solution for getting directions and getting around in a car: get a GPS. We LOVE ours. It will get you anywhere!!!! WONDERFUL!
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I get pissy when CB is out of town. I think it's because I miss him when he's gone, but I don't really think he misses me all that much;) He's usually having WAY too much fun to miss me.....

Sorry about the house. Although, the way the market is right now, I wouldn't be surprised if you hear back from them in a couple of weeks - and they agree to your terms!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Sorry about the house chickie~it will all work out and you know everything happens for a reason.

Now about that pissy thing....

Anonymous said...

I cant believe they wont budge more than 2 grand in this market!! They must need the extra money to buy some more of whatever they are smoking!

As for being pissy...Im that way when my beloved is in town...maybe that should tell me something

Unknown said...

I am the same way...don't worry about the house, it just wasn't meant to be...your dream house is out there!

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

LOL..Glad to see I am in good company, I get pissy and cope a tude when we are apart. I wonder why that is because I love to have time alone.

I wouldn't be surprised if you heard back from them concerning the house if not you can walk away with a clear conscious that you didn't bend to the pressure:)

Snooty Primadona said...

Sorry to say this, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that reacts this way when the hubby leaves town without me.

However, it's fine for me to leave town without him.

;-)

Unknown said...

WELLLLL...I can't say I've experienced that feeling yet...we've never been apart....overnight!
Okay...since we've been married!

THere must be a reason about the house...there still might be a CHANCE! IF NOT...then This is NOT your IDEAL HOME...It is yet to come!!

Cool Breeze said...

Am I sensing some PMS going on here?

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Ok, SSG is on her way down to kick some home seller's ASS for you right about now. I'll bring lemon drops too!

Unknown said...

I get pissy with myself...not always a bad thing unless I find myself not speaking to myself for a while.