Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Wisdom of Pita

On Monday, I picked Pita and AB up from daycare. It was a nice afternoon and I had some flowers that I needed to place at the cemetery on my mother's grave.

So I loaded up the girls with a drink and a bag of Goldfish and headed toward the cemetery.

Once we got there, Pita asked where we were.

I replied, "The cemetery. I have flowers for us to take to Grandma Lane."

Pita stopped dead in her tracks. Turned to face me. Placed her hand on her hip. Rolled her eyes and said, "But Aunt Woody, Grandma Lane is in heaven. And she doesn't need flowers there."

Yep, you're right, Pita. She doesn't need flowers there.

14 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

awww...I love her. :0

Lori said...

That is so sweet!

Mental P Mama said...

Out of the mouths of babes...comes the literal truth. So sweet.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Well that stopped you in your tracks! Kids...they are the best.

Ed & Jeanne said...

You gotta admit...she's practical!

Unknown said...

Awww...that touched my heart so much. How adorable.

Unknown said...

Pita has a way of tugging on those heart strings. She's pretty smart too. No matter....your mother loved those flowers, Woody.

Snooty Primadona said...

The wisdom of Pita indeed! Perhaps you should write down all the Pita-isms and make a book for her to see later on. :-)

Big Hair Envy said...

I see why you enjoy hanging out with Pita.....she is one cool kid!!!

Did you teach her the hand-on-the-hip-eye-roll?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh the wisdom of children....

Love it. Pita is just too smart--like her Aunt!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Leedra said...

The little ones always come up with the most profound statements. Good for Pita.

Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra

Desert Survivor said...

It's great to have young'uns around to help remind us of how life really is.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

I could listen to those little munchkins all day!

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful! What a wonderful reminder!