Monday, August 17, 2009

House Shopping Sucks

House shopping should be fun. But it is making me nuts!

The homeowners didn't even have the decency to respond to our offer from last week. Not a yes. Not a no. Not a Kiss Our Ass.

So after our time limit expired.....We made another offer on another house. Would you like a tour?

This one is about 300 square feet larger but the location is not ideal. It is a small lot (which is great for us since we are gone so much!) but the backyard neighbors loom close. I have plans for screening them out with landscaping.

The second thing that makes it less than ideal is that it is on a main road, if you can call a road with cows 100 yards away "main". But it is not on a 'neighborhood only' street so there is through traffic.

I am all hopped up about the space in this house. Vol Fan is worried about resale because of the location. And I don't like oak cabinetry and it is full of oak cabinetry.

But I am ALL HOPPED UP ABOUT THE SPACE!

A laundry room. A pantry. Closets in both bathrooms. Closets in the hallway. A 2 car garage with extra space for a workbench. A master bedroom with enough space for a bed AND furniture. Lots of cabinets. Lots of counter space.

I want to move all my junk in and then just lay in the middle of the floor in each room. There is that much space. Or at least it will feel that way from what we have now.

But all this looking and worrying and waiting has left me unable to sleep. There were 4 nights last week that I only got 3 hours of sleep. It is making me crazy!!

I can't think about anything else. Blog posts - forget it! Work - forget it!! I am consumed with landscaping ideas, paint colors, closet organization systems, furniture placement,.....

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I can feel your excitment! I took the tour, and it's a very beautiful house!! Now, go take a nap! :)

Linda said...

I love the oak cabinets. They are beautiful! Does the house have a basement?

Unknown said...

I love it...and yes...SPACE. IT's friggin huge! Love that living room going into the dining room and kitchen. The fireplace rocks in the corner. There is a nice flow in the kicthen as far as where everything is placed. The cabinets....you can reface. Start a notebook/scrap book about your idea's, get some magazines and cut out ideas, themes, everything from paint colors to curatin treatments that you like, use your blog to bounce idea's, by allowing youself to have permission to dream, you will feel more relaxed and spirit filled. A creative outlet is conducive to rest.

Lori said...

How exciting but stressful....house hunting can be so much fun but there are so many things to consider and work through. I hope you get some sleep and find the house your suppose to be in! I really am excited for you!

T said...

What a lovely and BIG home!

Ok - fb me and give the logistics....what road? Where is it?

Busy Bee Suz said...

House shopping can really do a number on you...and your relationship. :) You will get the house that is right for you both. This one does have the space, but if vol fan is not happy w/ the location and you really don't like oak (I am not a fan either) then you will regret it later...perhaps??? I hope you find something perfect for you both. If this is the one, then bring it on!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Ohhhh how fun!! House hunting does stir up the imagination! I have been addicted to House Hunters this whole week yelling at people in the TV to buy house number TWO ohmahgah!

Good luck in your search!! Aren't people obligated to respond to offers? Like legally? Where yo realtor at?

Mental P Mama said...

I love house hunting;) Keep your wits about you. Cannot believe those people didn't respond. gah.

Caution/Lisa said...

I thought they HAD to respond ??? This house is beautiful, but be sure it's right for both of you. We once owned a "rebound" house. It was okay, but we really wished we hadn't jumped at that one.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Loving it Woody! keep your wits. If this is the right house it will all work out! You worry too damn much!

Desert Survivor said...

Good luck. Look on the bright side, house shopping lets you see some pretty cool houses that you otherwise wouldn't get to see!

Snooty Primadona said...

House hunting is stressful! It's probably why we haven't moved for 23 years...

But, I love the house! I'm with you on the oak... too dark for me.

You'll be amazed at how quickly you can fill up all those cabinets.