Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Back Roads

I like to drive on roads that I have never been on before.  I also like to drive on back roads that meander through the countryside.  So when you combine both of those things, you have a drive that I love, love, love!!!

I left Albany, Georgia this morning and my route should have looked like this.  381 miles.  A trip that takes me right at 6 hours.


View Larger Map
I opted to take the scenic route. Only 350 miles.


View Larger Map
I arrived home 9+ hours later.

It was totally worth it!

4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I am coming along with you one of these days...

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are the Ameilia Earhart of road trips. Glad you made it home!!!!

George said...

Any trip that avoids Atlanta traffic is definitely a great one. We love the scenic routes as well.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That's exactly the type of roads we enjoy driving on... AND---since it's Georgia, we'd do most anything not to go through Hotlanta... ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy