Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Grandpa Swanson

I love my Dad.

And by extension, I love the people that he loves.

He loved his grandfather, his mother's father.  He spent the majority of his childhood living (and working!) on the dairy farm in western New York owned by Grandpa Swanson.  He has such wonderful stories about the times spent with his grandfather.  His eyes just glow when he speaks of him.

Even though I never had the opportunity to know him, I love anyone that can make my Dad's eyes sparkle like that.  That's why this picture is so special to me.  It is one of my most favorite people in the world with one of his most favorite people in the world.

5 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

I love it! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful family adopt you. You are very blessed....

Mental P Mama said...

This trip down memory lane is wonderful. Where did you go today???

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, this is so darn sweet. I love this photo and I love YOUR love for your family.
xo

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Neat, Woody.... I missed out on so much since I never had any grandparents. They were all dead before I was born... Sad, huh?????

Love the photo..
Hugs,
Betsy

Blazer said...

Your dad is one of the sweetest, kindest, most interesting people I have ever known. I love that you have this photo of him with his beloved grandfather! (and of course, you know I love that is just so happens to include HORSES.)