The first challenge is finding a place to store all your crap.
- Lesson #1 - Pack light. And I really need to take my own advice on this one!!
- Lesson #2 - Pack in tubs or bags rather than suitcases. Tubs are extremely handy for storing things in the space under the sink. Or to use as a laundry basket to go to the laundromat.
- Lesson #3 - You can store things in that magic place called the trunk of your car.
The second challenge is food.....unless you are made of money and want to eat out for every meal.
- Lesson #4 - A crockpot is a miracle invention. Last night we had a delicious dinner of roast with potatoes and carrots!
- Lesson #5 - A George Foreman grill is another miracle invention. Don't be afraid to use it!
- Lesson #6 - Don't shop at Sam's Club or Costco!
The third challenge is probably the hardest to overcome. You are in a hotel room. Four walls. TV. Bed. BORING! Many road warriors conquer this boredom with beer. Since I don't like beer, I prefer to be a little more creative.
- Lesson #7 - Toys!! Tennis rackets. Fishing poles. A float for the pool. Bring toys and play with them.
- Lesson #8 - Explore! This is my favorite escape. I love to explore the area where we are. If possible, I bring my bicycle and explore on two wheels.
- Lesson #9 - Google is your friend. You can find festivals, tourist attractions, all kinds of stuff!
And one final lesson that defies a category.
- Lesson #10 - Glade Plug-in with Clean Linen scent. To knock off that two-people-living-in-an-older-hotel-room-and-one-of-them-is-a-construction-worker scent.