Monday, October 14, 2013

I Am Back - Hopefully

Back in August - shortly before I fell off the face of the Earth - I visited my cardiologist due to some fun rhythms again.  He put me on a calcium channel blocker, hoping to slow my speeding heart some.  After my experience with beta blockers, I was leery of any medicine called 'blocker' but I agreed to try it.

And just as I feared, the medicine caused the same type of reaction as the beta blockers.  If you have ever had altitude sickness, you know exactly how I felt.  For TWO MONTHS!  I finally dusted off my medical degree and took myself off of the new medicine.  Low and behold, I was immediately a new person!

Now to catch up on all the work and laundry and housework I've been putting off....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang, Woody! Please take care of yourself and welcome back. I just got back from a two year hiatus myself. I'm still waiting for the day when our road trips cross paths! Saving up some energy for that one. :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

So sorry you had such a hard time. Glad to see you back!

George said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you dusted off your medical degree, but I do hope you will take it easy with all the catching up you have to do.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yep, sometimes we have to be our own MD. I hope your 'feeling' good lasts forever!
XOXO