Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Revolution

Like the kid in the AT&T commercial, I have decided to have a New Year's Revolution.  There are so many things that I want and need to change that a revolution is the only logical choice.

Revolution in Thinking - I am a worrier.  Mainly I worry about things that are out of my control.  Things with work, things with health, other people's opinion of me.  This year I plan to learn how to let go of those things.

Revolution in Eating - Of course like every year, I say I need to lose weight.  But this year, I have decided that I need way more than that.  I need to examine every bite going into my mouth.  What I am eating.  Why I am eating it.  And seriously, where are the fruits and vegetables!

Revolution in Exercise - My goal is to walk 500 miles this year.  If I walk 2 miles on 5 days of each week, that goal is easily obtainable.  Being consistent is the key.

Revolution in Dental Health - I'm a brusher but I tend to be hit or miss with the floss.  Flossing daily is my goal.

Revolution in Adventure - I want to ride a horse.  I want to try new foods.  I want to be out of my box, out of my safe zone.

Revolution in Compassion - Over the years, I have turned very cynical and judgmental about giving.  Did drugs put the person in this position?  Poor choices?  Whatever landed them there, it is not my business.  My business is to give where led and not to question.

Revolution in Work - I am terrible about keeping up with my filing.  This is acceptable while we are on the road.  But we have been home since September and I still have a mountain of papers to file.  Unacceptable.

Revolution in Being the Early Bird - I do not like mornings.  I do not like to wake early.  I may not be able to make myself like it but I can make myself get up.

Vive La Revolution!

5 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

What a great post! I'm in total agreement. Besides, starting a revolution sounds like much more fun than keeping resolutions...

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well---that's a huge amount to pack into a year. Hope you accomplish at least some of it IF you can't do all of it…

I will do a blog post on Weight Loss next Wed. Be sure to check it out…

Good Luck.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

This makes me feel as though I need a revolution as well.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

You have lots of interesting goals. I know you can do it! Happy 2014.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Congrats on your upcoming revolution! I love all your goals. I'm with you on most counts….except for the horse thing; they are SO big. :)
XO