Sunday, March 30, 2008

The new fun me

Considering my entry a couple of days ago, I thought it fitting when I read the editor's letter in this month's edition of Budget Travel. He sums my thoughts up perfectly (although he conveys those thoughts much more eloquently). So I will quote him:

"...About 10 years ago, I realized that I had become un-fun. I was so rigid: I knew what I liked and disliked, I knew what was good for me and what wasn't, and that was that.

Bored with being boring, I announced the birth of the New Fun Me. When I went out-and I went out a lot-I made an effort to be fun. I tried to say yes instead of finding reasons to say no. Even on weeknights! It didn't take long before I became fun (though the phrase "The New Fun Me" still gives a few of my friends the shivers).

The moral of this story? You can't wait to have fun stuff to happen to you; you have to make your own fun. ... " From Budget Travel, April 2008 edition - Editor's Letter, Erik Torkells

So I am following his advice. I am on a mission to find the new fun me. I know she is in there somewhere. So watch out world, here I come!

No comments: