Saturday, April 12, 2008

The mountain folk go to town

Today is Manuel's birthday. Manuel is the head guy on Vol Fan's irrigation crew. So we decided to throw a party for him tonight. It's a good thing that it is supposed to rain and snow for the next 2 days because it could get pretty ugly at this party - meaning there are plans for drinking lots of beer and/or tequila.

So we needed to make a trip to Sam's Club for provisions. Going to Sam's meant that yesterday, we went to town. And by town, I talking about a town large enough to have a Sam's Club. To get to the nearest Sam's Club for us mountain folk meant driving 50+ miles of twisting and turning mountain roads to Hickory, NC or driving 50+ miles of twisting and turning mountain roads to Johnson City, TN. We chose Johnson City because that is the direction Vol Fan will need to go when we move to Knoxville. I thought it would be good for him to see part of his route ahead of time because I (the official navigator in the family) am going about a week earlier than him.

Ok, I'm back. I got a little distracted there by the television and now I can't remember where I was going with this story....

No comments: