Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Moving In

I got everything packed and moved to Knoxville yesterday. Today has been full of unpacking. Things go pretty slow when you are one-handed. I don't think there is anything that I hate more than unpacking. Packing - I don't really mind. But unpacking is horrible! Well, maybe I exaggerate a little but unpacking is still bad.

Dixie, as I have said before, is a very smart dog. Sunday when Vol Fan was packing to leave. She followed him in and out of the house a couple of times and then proceeded to plant herself by his truck. She knew he was leaving and didn't want to be left behind. On Monday when I was packing, she did the same thing. Apparently, there is a limit to her 'smartness'. She can't tell the difference between packing and unpacking. So she has been stuck to me all day. Surely, she will figure out soon that we aren't going anywhere and will settle down.

We went for a walk on the greenway today. I am really excited about using the greenway system in Knoxville. I have seen maps on the internet and it is pretty extensive. Our apartment is right on one section of it. I am really looking forward to getting back on my bike and being able to ride without having to worry about cars!! But that is a couple of weeks away - doctors orders. Vol Fan made sure to ask how long I had to stay off - boo hoo!

No comments: