Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Open Letter

To Whom It May Concern:

Whether you are a representative from CNN or Access Hollywood or Msn.com, I am putting you on notice.

I am tired of hearing about the stupid people that do stupid stuff for a few minutes of fame. I am tired of Lindsay Lohan. I am tired of balloon boy and his family. I am tired of Kanye West. I am tired of Paris Hilton. I am tired of Octomom. I am tired of the Gosselins.

I don't care that Britney ditched junk food. I don't care that someone from The Bachelor has gotten engaged. I don't care if Brad and Angelina adopt every child in the entire world. I don't care to hear the deep thoughts from Diddy. Or Jessica Simpson. Or Paula Abdul. I don't care that Ginnifer Goodwin wants to save turkeys. Who the hell is Ginnifer Goodwin anyway?

So if you feature them on a website, I will not click that link. If you talk about them on TV, I will change the channel.

Tell me things that are important. Tell me things that are heart warming. Show me pictures of when they dress really bad so I can make fun.

But please, please, please do not keep sending this barrage of garbage over the airwaves and interwebs. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Regards,
The Incredible Woody

15 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You can sign my name on that bad boy, too. Thanks.

Linda said...

The reason all the these things you have mentioned are in the news is that is the way they can redirect the mindless citizens of our great nation, and not tell them the important things that are going on. eg: healthcare, cap and trade, rising gasoline costs, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as all the other wars in the world.

Sign my name to this letter too!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very good Woody. I usually keep my TV off until a show I want to watch comes on...the rest is crapola. :)

Unknown said...

Here, here...where do I sign? Why do you think I spend so much time doing other things than watching tv. Although All My Children is still pretty safe.

Unknown said...

Amen!!

Diane said...

I especially did not want to hear that Octo-mom though Jon Gosslin was hot.

Ack!

Snooty Primadona said...

Can we please add Madonna to that list as well?

Nice post. The media talks about exactly what it wants to talk about, with no holds barred. They truly make me sick. All. Of. Them.

Wait a minute! Isn't covering the ridiculous my job?

Jay said...

I am SO with you on this one. I do not care what celebrities do (except one, and even then I don't want it on the main news), I want to hear about the important stuff when I tune in to a news channel. Balloon boy was news when it happened, but now it appears it may have been a publicity stunt (or may not) I really do. not. care. He's home, he's safe, now shut the ** up!!

News. Important stuff. And please don't keep repeating the same few sentences of real news in sixteen different ways and calling it 'breaking news'. It was breaking news the first time, and the first time only.

Can we get a petition? I'll sign!

Alan said...

And there is a loud cheer coming from THIS side of my town...

Lori said...

Can I sign my name to that letter too? Great post!

Marie said...

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you!

Clippy Mat said...

i hear you. add me to THAT list.
somebody make 'em stop!
:-)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I SO agree. When I was in Maggie Valley, we seldom turned on the TV--and that was so wonderful. Sometimes we need to just get away from the news and all of the crap on TV.

Hugs,
Betsy--who is THRILLED to be home 'finally'

Jason, as himself said...

Huh. Good luck getting any results! Our society is twisted. Or just the media, at least. But society drives the media, right?