Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Big Weekend

I have been MIA around here.  And I have a very good excuse.  I swear I do!

Each fall, The Boss Man and Prima Ballerina go with friends to a fund-raising gala in Atlanta.  The gala raises money for ALS research.  ALS is also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease.  The father of one of their friends had this disease.  Sadly, he passed away last month after a prolonged battle. 

One of the fund-raising things in association with the gala is a silent auction.  One of their friends made the winning bid on a trip to Alaska for the start of the Iditarod dogsled race.  The trip was for four people so their friends asked The Boss Man and Prima Ballerina to accompany them. 

Which leads me to my excuse for being absent.  While they were off playing in Alaska, Aunt Woody and Uncle Vol Fan kept Pita and AB.  I actually got everyone to school and all scheduled activities on time!  Hard to believe but it is true!

We even found time to do a little hiking one afternoon:)

I am still trying to catch up with work.....

7 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

So fun! And lucked out in those storms!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, I think YOU two won the auction! Of course you got them to school and stuff....you rock like that.
My Aunt and Uncle used to do good stuff like this for me too...and I really really treasure those memories.
You guys are wonderful!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

How cool would it be to see the Iditarod?!? But I suspect you had some fun too.... :-)

Desert Survivor said...

How fun! I bet the girls had an awesome time with you!

George said...

It sounds as if you had a perfectly valid reason for being MIA. Judging from the picture, everyone enjoyed the hike very much.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a cute picture, Aunt Woody (and Uncle VolFan).... Those girls have to be so much fun to have around... BUT--with all of that energy, I'm sure you need some REST this week...

We are home from our 2nd trip is a month--and both of us have colds.. Yuk! Guess it will be REST for this upcoming week for both of us.

Hugs,
Betsy

Snooty Primadona said...

Congrats! That is honestly no easy feat if you've never done it before. But, it was fun, wasn't it? Temporarily...